CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Thinking about Arizona

I have been thinking a lot about some of the things I have observed in Arizona. I hope you don't mind my musing!!

1. I have never been in a place with so many personalized license plates! I thought perhaps they were free, but Jason said no way, since they have photo radar everywhere in attempts to raise money!

2. It is actually possible to have a Costco TOO close to your house. I think we have learned that the past few weeks (I feel like I have a love-hate relationship with that store!).

3. Warm winters are actually a really nice thing. I used to think winter grass and summer grass were the dumbest things ever, now I am all in favor of winter grass! My kids are outside every day, some days for hours. I am interested to see how the summer goes though...

4. I wonder who thought it was a good idea to landscape yards with cactus. We walk the girls to school everyday and I am a little tired of telling Tyler "Don't touch that!" Whoever had the idea, obviously didn't have multiple children under 5.

5. There is something to be said about multiple freeways! I love having options when driving across town! We can get to Mesa at least three different ways. I just remember hating the drive to Colorado Springs when we lived in Denver and to Salt Lake when we were at BYU.

I think that is all my musings for now. We really are enjoying Arizona, though we miss Denver a lot! There's an open invitation for friends and family to come stay with us! We'd love to see you!

5 comments:

Jandi said...

All of the freeways ARE nice. Hey, speaking of open invitation... We are planning on coming to Arizona the end of Feb. We will stay in a hotel, but, would love to see you a couple of times while we are there... I will get back with you about days! My kids can't wait!

Lilit said...

I loved reading your musings... we were in AZ once in May and it was plenty hot. thank goodness for swimming pools and AC eh?!!!
We sure miss having you 15 minutes away!

Jared and Janelle said...

Hi Tina Your kids have grown up so much.They are all so beautiful. How are you doing? Congrats on graduation.Hope your enjoying AZ. Janelle Mack

Hayley said...

i miss good freeway access, too! cute pictures!

Kendria said...

Ahhh, you are making me homesick... It is funny to hear you say all those things, that were just second nature to us MESA kids... Gotta love the valley! I will check in with you again in MAY... when you are cursing Arizona!