CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

So now that the weather has cooled, we FINALLY took Kara out to learn to ride a 2 wheeler. She was very excited and picked it up very quickly. Jason was outside with the kids Thanksgiving morning, so I could make the few things I was bringing to Thanksgiving dinner. We had a great meal at Jason's brothers house, and we were so glad to spend some time with their family! (Thanks, Melissa!!!)

Thanksgiving evening the three older kids drove up and stayed with Grandpa Judd in Tuba City. Then Friday morning they went and picked out a Christmas tree. Tyler got pricked by a jumping cactus. While Jason and grandpa took out the needles, he looked up and said between tears, "You know what, Grandpa? It sure is tough being a cowboy." They laughed out loud at that (not sure where he got that in his head). This is the tree they picked. Yes, it doesn't look very big. But when Jason got home he read the little pamphlet they got with the tags which stated "remember that trees look smaller in the forest than they do in your home." As a result, this is the biggest tree we have ever had!


Here is Ashley playing with the kids nativity set (Fisher Price). She LOVES Christmas already and she hasn't even figured out the present part of it yet!

Here is the end result of the tree! Since I was no help, it took Jason a few hours to get it up. We had to switch corners, since it was too tall for the first one we put it in. You may notice there are a lot more ornaments on the bottom--the kids did most the decorating and dad could barely reach the top! But it is done and it is beautiful!

Here are our stockings hanging in a row. Ashley is looking up at hers. Yes, we do have one for baby this year since she will come before Christmas. The hardest part to believe is that we have SEVEN stockings...when did we have that many kids???

Now we are ready for baby and for Christmas. I finished up shopping and wrapping (except a few online orders) while the kids were gone with dad. Now I just need to pack my hospital bag....I'm not due for 2 1/2 weeks--I have time, right?

6 comments:

Jandi said...

Wow! That is a big tree. How fun that they got to go choose it and cut it down. It looks great! You really are on the ball. The baby already has a stocking?! Where do you get the time woman? I wish you were here to have Christmas Eve dinner with again. Have I said it enough yet, WE MISS YOU GUYS!!! ~ take care and get that bag packed...

Anonymous said...

OK...here is a massive comment since I have been a slacker when it come to commenting.
Jason, you are crazy but amazing. There are times when I can't get an injured person to sit still long enough to put a bandaid on...much less stiches.
I can't believe that Ashley is already 2 and that you have another one on the way! You are a brave woman. (But you should pack you bag really soon since the more you have, the faster the delivery happens.) it looks like you are having a blast. Halloween sounds like fun. I bet it is too cold here for someone to have a movie outside for the neighborhood to watch. And a glue gun for the gingerbread houses?...we may have to try that.

Lilit said...

Tina, that tree is HUGE! do you know how tall it actually is??? love how you hung the stockings, all 7 of them! Tyler cracks me up with his cowboy comment.
anxious to see who has the baby first... :)
What are you packing for the hospital?? With David I had lots packed but I didn't even open the bag, they had and gave us everything we needed... just curious...

Judd said...

OH I love that Tyler and his clever comments... he is so funny!!

Ashley

Cassie Simonton said...

Hey Tina, I feel like such a horrible friend...Andrea turned 8, Asnley is 2, Kara's loosing front teeth, and Tyler is a COWBOY!!!! And I haven't been their for ANY OF IT!!!! How are you doing? Your due date is this month right...toward the end of the month? See how horrible i am! Miss you guys! Hope all is well in AZ! MN is cold...but not as cold as it is supposed to be...so I'm thankful for that! I was going to call you the other day and realized I only have your CO# and I'm pretty sure you changed your number! We need to catch up! Talk to you soon!

Ruth said...

Tyler sure is funny. Ashley is getting so big. Those Fisher Price nativity sets are really cute. Your stockings look cute all in a row. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your new baby and to hear what you have decided to name her.