CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snow to swimming in February

Just a week and a half ago we drove up to snow, and today my kids braved the unheated pool in our yard. Hard to believe there is so much to do in Arizona in February!

I know it looks warm, but the water was freezing. I thought they were crazy! Andrea and Jason were the only ones who actually immersed themselves in the water. I thought Jason said it all when he said: "Once my feet went numb, the water didn't feel so cold."


Ashley liked it, especially when Jason took her to the deep end, but her skin was cold to the touch when I got her out!


I know they are smiling, but they are also shivering.

Here's just a couple pictures of the snow in Pinedale, AZ. The kids were SO excited to play in the snow again. We also stopped to see Jason's mom's grave. It was a nice day trip away from the heat of the valley and we enjoyed the day together.

10 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Tina,

I linked your blog from Hayley's. It's been a long time! Your kids are cute, and we're definitely jealous of your Arizona weather. Hope you're doing well!

Chris said...

I am glad to see your kids had some "freezing" fun in the pool! It is good to enjoy the perks of living with warm weather (even if you do have to wait for your feet to go numb for the fun to start!)

Jared and Janelle said...

I like that you guys are out at the pool getting a tan and then you drive and take pics in the snow. That's the way to live if you ask me. Very Cool.

Kendria said...

You people are CRAZY! I don't jump in the pool until MAY! Kids are brave and at least they had fun! Hope we get to see you in a couple weeks!

Jandi said...

Good for you. Way to brave the freezing water! Thanks again, we had a FANTASTIC time. Now it is your turn to stay...

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

i can't even imagine going swimming outside in feb!!! total madness!!!

Jami said...

Looks like fun. Ashley is getting so big. We really miss you guys. Jace still talks about going to your house. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

The weather change is probably the hardest thing to get used to...I remember when we moved here in the summer, we were walking around in pants. Now, if it is 40 or even 35 in the winter, we go outside without a coat. We would never survive moving back to a warmer place. It sounds like you are having fun though. You guys look great!

OurFamily said...

Wow they are brave! I look at the pool here everyday but am not brave enough to get in yet.

Jami said...

Your kids are getting so big. I miss you. I am glad you are enjoying the warm weather. It is good to see you.